Waiting On Wednesday #2

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by the fantastic people over at Breaking The Spine that highlights upcoming releases that we are excited about.

For this week my pre-publication selection that I can’t wait for is:

Masquerade by Sarah-Jane Lehoux

Set For Release On: Late October/November 2012

Summary From Sarah-Jane Lehoux’s Website:

Starting over isn’t easy, especially when the world isn’t ready for you to change. Sevy, thief turned assassin turned mercenary, isn’t having any fun adjusting to a normal, law-abiding life. Luckily for her, an old partner in crime arrives with an irresistible proposition: a getaway to a tropical island, an adventure of a lifetime, and an amazing friendship ready to blossom into an even more amazing romance.

Things are looking up for Sevy. That is, until a pack of maniacal fairies with a taste for human flesh arrive on the scene.

Now she must unravel a web of magical intrigue hidden behind the outwardly idyllic atmosphere of the islands of Belakarta. Nothing is as it seems, and no one can be trusted. Trapped under the spell of a handsome and mysterious stranger, Sevy must fight fairies and tricksters to regain her freedom.

Or spend an eternity as a sorcerer’s plaything.

If you’ve been following my blog you’d know I’m a huge fan of the Sevy series and this one coming out soon has me really excited to see what will happen in the next adventure! Knowing Sarah-Jane it’s highly likely Sevy will be put through the ringer again, but I’m sure she’ll encounter some pretty amazing things along her way! You can check out my review for Thief here or for Shades of War here if you want to find out more about the previous two books. I would recommend buying and reading them both before Masquerade comes out, if you’d like to purchase them you can do so here.

Thank you so much for stopping by and feel free to leave a comment about what you think of Masquerade or your own Waiting On Wednesday post, I do read every one! You can also follow me if you’d like or check out my other posts, I do appreciate it. ^.^

This entry was posted in Waiting On Wednesday and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

87 Responses to Waiting On Wednesday #2

1. Oohh she’s an assassin? This sounds so good!
    ——
    Giselle from Book Nerd Canada
    Waiting on Wednesday

2. Kimberly @ Turning the Pages says:

I hadn’t heard of this one before I saw it here on your blog so thanks for introducing me to a new book! It sounds really interesting :)

Come check out my WoW post :)

Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

3. sqt says:

Lehoux is a new author for me to check out- thanks for the recommendation, and for stopping by!

4. This certainly sounds interesting. :) I actually think I’ve spoken to the author over on Absolute Write, come to think of it. I hope that you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it. Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

5. Atmika says:

I hadn’t heard of this or the series before. I like the sound of it.

6. Tanychy says:

This is the first time I see this book. I looks a bit scary. I’ll check it out. Thanks for sharing.

7. Steph says:

This sounds really interesting! I love this sort of thing. Thanks for stopping by an sharing x

8. I haven’t heard of the Sevy series but it sounds great! I love assassins and adventures! Thanks for stopping by!

9. Kat says:

This sounds interesting. I’ll have to check it out.

Thanks for stopping by!

10. LS Murphy says:

I hadn’t heard of this before. It sounds great. Thanks for pointing it out.

11. Sabina says:

I haven’t read any of her books, but I have to check one out. =)

Thanks for stopping by my WoW

Sabina @ Delirious About Books

12. This series sounds excellent. Amazing pick.

Jenea @ Books Live Forever

13. Thanks for stopping my totallybookalicious. Wow that cover looks so creepy. Need to check it out :)

14. Helene says:

Looks like an interesting book! I’m going to check it out.

Thanks for sharing and stopping by.

15. Jessica@a GREAT read says:

OOoh that looks intriguing! Haven’t heard of that one!

Thanks for visiting my WoW!

16. This series sounds intense..i just know you will devour ir when it arrives!

17. ayleeargh says:

The Sevy series? Never heard of it before! The cool thing about WoW posts is I always find something new to read. So thanks for the rec and thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

18. This is my first time hearing about this one but it sounds so good!! I’ll definitely have to check out this series soon. Thanks for sharing! :)

19. This book sounds like something I would enjoy! Great pick!!

20. Crystal says:

This sounds really good! I am definitely adding it to my tbr =) Great pick!

Our WoW for the week =)

21. This one sounds really good. That’s a bit of a creepy cover! Thanks for sharing!

22. Wow, this sounds really interesting and that cover is super creepy! Great pick, thanks for sharing! :)

Thanks for stopping by my post!

~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

23. Inky says:

Oooh! That sounds good! Thanks for sharing and visiting my WOW!

24. Sony The Booklover says:

So many jobs that sound so bad ass i haven’t heard of this series before but i will be checking it out thanks for sharing. My WoW …

25. Deea says:

I haven’t heard about this one before either, but it sounds really awesome! I love books with assassins/mercenaries, magic and all sorts of badassery.:D I need to check it out! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!

26. kirstv says:

Intriguing! Love the cover though! new follower and my link is http://kvlovesbooks.blogspot.co.uk/ x

27. Carmen B. says:

The series sounds cool, I like stories revolving around thieves and assassins. I’d have to start at the beginning though 😉
    Thanks for stopping by my post earlier!

28. Oh this sounds interesting, and very mystical. I’m intrigued now!

29. Ooooo, creepy cover. First I’ve heard of this. Thanks for sharing!

My WOW
    Safari Poet

30. Looks a bit scary but sounds interesting! Thanks for spotlighting it!

31. That sounds really good!

Thanks for stopping by me WOW. =)

32. Great pick! I haven’t of this one before but sounds interesting. Definitely need to check this out.

Thanks for visiting my post!

33. Sounds like a cool story. Thanks for sharing!

34. Love me a good assassin read! Haven’t heard of this one until now! Great pick! Thanks for sharing. :)

MaryAnn @ Chapter by Chapter
    Our WoW for this week!

35. ensconcedya says:

Haven’t heard of this one, but it looks really good!

Thanks for stopping by!

Christina @ Ensconced in YA

36. Maria Behar says:

Hi! Thanks bunches for commenting on my WOW!! And I think your pick is a very intriguing one! I haven’t heard of this series before, but I sure will investigate further! Thanks for putting it on my radar!! : )

37. Kim says:

Ohhh, I’ve never heard of this series before but it sounds really awesome! I love books about assassins and the ‘even more amazing romance’ part immediately had my attention haha :3 Fantastic pick and thanks for stopping by!

38. Beczy says:

I have never heard of this series before but I really, really, REALLY want to read them. Soon. Just from the synopsis of what I assume to be the third book.

Thanks for stopping by my WOW

39. I haven’t heard of this one and I’m not sure I like the sound of it but I hope you enjoy it when it comes out.
    Come check out my WoW post.

40. speculatef says:

I haven’t read this series, but it sounds cool! I hope you get your eager hands on this soon!! Thanks for stopping by :-)

Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I’m waiting on!

41. Petra says:

I haven’t heard of this one, but now I will definitley put it on my TBR list. :)
    Thanks for stopping by at my WoW! :)

42. ZOMBIE FAIRIES? This sounds HORRIFYING. Hope you enjoy!

43. Sounds very intriguing! Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

44. Nikki says:

Sound good I need to check it out
    Thanks for stoping by my WOW http://www.vampandstuff.com

45. Kelley says:

I hadn’t heard of this series before now, but it sounds fun and adventurous! Thanks for visiting my WoW. :)

46. This sounds like fun. Thanks for visiting.

47. I haven’t heard about this series before, it sounds great :)

Thanks for stopping by!

48. Teresa says:

Never heard of this one, but it sounds interesting. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

49. Thanks for stopping by my WOW. I’m not sure if this one is for me or not, but it’s always nice to branch out once and a while.

Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

50. dragongirl says:

Never heard of this but it looks so cool! Thanks for stopping by my WoW. :)

51. Never heard of this one before. I’ll have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation! 😀

52. Audrey says:

Woah, this sounds awesome. You’ve got me intrigued! And that cover is really eye-catching and quite creepy. Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

53. “That is, until a pack of maniacal fairies with a taste for human flesh arrive on the scene.”

Probably one the scariest lines I’ve read..pretty much..EVER lol. This one sounds interesting, and that cover is CREEPY. Probably not one I’ll check out, but thank you for sharing!
    _______________
    Reeka @BoundbyWords

54. I haven’t heard of this series before but the plot sounds fascinating. Thanks for introducing me to something new. :)

55. Katie @ Inkk says:

thanks so much for stopping by my wow . i have not heard of this book, but the plot sounds crazy awesome. i will have to check it out.
    -Katie @ Inkk

56. Andrea says:

This looks interesting…I haven’t seen it before! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

57. Wow, interesting premise! Thanks for the share, and for stopping by my WoW!

58. Megan says:

this sounds really cool! :)

59. Tiffa says:

Not heard of this one before! Thanks for sharing, though I’m not hugely keen on books with faeries in. ^^;

Thanks for your comment on my blog! 😀

Tiffa @ The Britsh Book Nerd

60. Haven’t heard of this series but sounds interesting. Thanks for stopping by yesterday!

61. I hadn’t heard of this series but I am definitely intrigued! I’ll have to put it on my TBR list and hopefully get to it soon. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog earlier!

Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

62. Wow! This looks amazing. A new series to add to my TBR list. Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

63. Now isn’t this new to me? Haven’t seen this book around… thanks for stopping by @ We Fancy Books :)

64. I’d never heard of this either but I have to say it looks super interesting! I’m off to check out this series :) Thanks so much for sharing & for stopping by my WoW post!

Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

65. vmcarswell says:

I’ll have to look into this since I love books with fairies. Great pick and thanks for stopping by!

66. katmunster says:

This book seems really interesting! I’ll have to be on the look out for it! :)

67. Never heard of this before, but maniacal fairies sounds interesting!

68. This series is new to me, but sounds like a good one!

– Jessica @ Book Sake

69. Aseel Naji says:

Haven’t heard of this book so thank you for sharing it!

70. Sophia says:

Thanks for sharing! The cover looks really awesome. And thanks for checking out my blog!

71. Julie says:

Nice pick! I haven’t heard of this one. I’ll have to check it out :)

72. Haven’t heard of this one but it seems fascinating! Nice pick!

Thanks for stopping by my WoW! :)

73. lovingrob says:

Seems like an interesting book 😉 Hope you’ll enjoy it 😀
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina’s Books

74. This is new to me, but you have piqued my curiosity. I am looking forward to hearing more about it and hope you enjoy it!

75. Vivalabooks says:

I’ve never heard of this book, but the cover is really creeping me out!!
    Thanks for commenting on my blog! 😀

76. Missy Frye says:

I’m unfamiliar with this series but it sounds very intriguing. I hope you enjoy it.

77. I haven’t heard about it yet, but it looks interesting. Thanks for sharing!

78. What a freaky cover, sounds intriguing though. Not a long wait, so thats good!!

Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

79. This sounds really good. Thank you for stopping by my WOW last week.

80. Tiffany Drew says:

I haven’t heard of this one before either but I think I just might have to give it a read. Love the cover, it’s a little creepy!

Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice!

81. Never heard of it but i am going to check it for sure! thanks for drooping by :)

82. I haven’t heard of this book before and I probably won’t read it but I hope you enjoy it when it comes out. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

83. Leslie says:

That sounds like a fun book. I hadn’t heard of this book before, but I’ll have to keep an eye out for it.

Thanks for visiting Working for the Mandroid!

84. cayce006 says:

I’ve never heard of Masquerade either, but it sounds interesting. I’m going to have to check out this Sevy series for sure :)