Waiting On Wednesday #3

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by the fantastic people over at Breaking The Spine that highlights upcoming releases that we are excited about.

For this week my pre-publication selection that I can’t wait for is:

The Racketeer by John Grisham

Set For Release On: October 23rd, 2012

Summary From John Grisham’s Website:

Given the importance of what they do, and the controversies that often surround them, and the violent people they sometimes confront, it is remarkable that in the history of this country only four active federal judges have been murdered.

Judge Raymond Fogletree just became number five.

His body was found in the basement of a lakeside cabin he had built himself and frequently used on weekends. When he did not show up for a trial on Monday morning, his law clerks panicked, called the FBI, and in due course the agents found the crime scene. There was no forced entry, no struggle, just two dead bodies—Judge Fogletree and his young secretary.

I did not know Judge Fogletree, but I know who killed him, and why.

I am a lawyer, and I am in prison.

It’s a long story.

John Grisham has been one of my favorite writers for years now and I can’t wait to read his next book The Racketeer! I’m so happy that I don’t have to wait much longer (it comes out next week, squee!) to dive into it. The summary sounds pretty good don’t you think? I think Grisham is an author that you have to experience if you haven’t already, so many of his books are must reads!

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment on what you think about The Racketeer, John Grisham, or your own Waiting On Wednesday post! ^.^

This entry was posted in Waiting On Wednesday and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

115 Responses to Waiting On Wednesday #3

1. sqt says:

I tore through Grisham’s books when I first discovered him years ago. How nice to see a new title pop up. This one looks really good. Definitely one for the list.

Thanks for stopping by!

2. This does sounds really interesting. :) I have heard good things about John Grisham but I’ve never read anything by him. Might need to change that someday. I hope you enjoy this. Have a great day and thanks for visiting my blog. :)

3. Seriously need to read a Grisham book. This looks cool. Awesome pick this week.

4. Another John Grisham book to go gaga over. My all time fave is A Time To Kill. Grisham is a rare talent. Thanks for reading my WOW.

5. I’ve actually never read a John Grisham book but hear such great things.
    My WOW

6. Sabina says:

I was excited when I saw he has a new book coming. Good pick!

My WoW

Sabina @ Delirious About Books
    October Celebration Giveaway

7. Adina says:

Great pick. I haven’t read any John Grisham in ages :)

8. Steph says:

Thanks for sharing! Can’t go wrong with a John Grisham novel.

9. Jessica@a GREAT read says:

Ooh interesting! Think I saw this one at another blog this morning!

Here’s my WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

10. Liesel Hill says:

Personally I’m not always a ginormous Grisham fan, but the premise of this one DOES sound pretty great. Maybe I’ll TBR it. Thanks! 😀

11. Cheles Bells says:

I love John Grisham! Great pick! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW. Happy Reading :)

12. Cecelia says:

I’ve never read Grisham, but my roommate loves his books. This will go on the Christmas shopping list. Nice pick!

Thanks for visiting my WoW today!

13. Audrey says:

John Grisham. Love him! This is a great pick, thanks for sharing! Also thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

14. Crystal says:

I feel horrible as a reader that i have never read a Grisham book! I will have to fix that soon and maybe I will try out this one =) Great pick!

15. Kazhy says:

I haven’t read an adult mystery since Sherlock Holmes; I’ll check this out!

Thanks for sharing! :)

16. LS Murphy says:

Interesting to see where Grisham goes with this book. Thanks for sharing.

17. Heather Wood says:

Thanks for stopping by my WoW! I haven’t read a Grisham novel in forever, need to pick one up again.

18. Like this author, sounds exciting.

19. Tanychy says:

I haven’t read any book by John Grisham and I believe I should. Thanks for sharing! :)

20. Wow, this one does sound promising…I haven’t read Grisham in awhile. Must catch up! Thanks for sharing…and for visiting my blog.

21. Quinn says:

This book does sound interesting. Although, I don’t usually really connect with is books. It has been awhile since I tried one of his, though.

22. Nikki says:

Sound interesting

23. I’ve never read any books by Grisham, but I do know how popular he is and hope you enjoy this one!

24. Awesome pick! Thanks for dropping by!

25. Helene says:

I’ve read some books by Grisham and they were amazing. I don’t read a lot in this genre, but for this one I might make an acception!

Thanks for stopping by.

26. Can’t say I’ve read much Grisham, but this book looks really interesting! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW.

27. Kristina D says:

I’ve enjoyed most books I’ve read by Grisham and this one looks interesting as well.
    Thanks for stopping by

28. Cyn says:

Sounds like a really interesting murder mystery. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Thanks for stopping by Bookmunchies (:

29. I have heard about few of Grishams books, but have never read any. This one looks really interesting so I may start with it.

Thanks for stopping by my WoW

30. I actually haven’t read anything by John Grisham, but this sounds like great book to add to by TBR list. Thanks so much for sharing and for stopping by my WoW.

31. This one sounds really good! It’s been a while since I’ve read a Grisham book, although I’ve enjoyed reading the ones I’ve read.

Thanks for stopping by my WOW.

32. Wow, I haven’t read any of Grisham’s book for quite a while. This sounds really good. Thanks for sharing it. And for stopping by my Wow…

Jenea @ Books Live Forever

33. This is a definite one for my (future) father-in-law and my own dad! Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my WoW

34. I never have read anything by John Grisham but does does sound interesting! Great pick! :]

35. This sounds really good. I haven’t read anything by him in a long time. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my WoW

36. dragongirl says:

Hmm, I’ve never read any of John Grisham’s books but this looks quite interesting! Thanks for sharing it and thanks for stopping by my WoW! :)

37. Awesome! Love the cover…love John Grisham…love the synopsis! This should definitely be a really good book! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW earlier. :)

38. Thanks for stopping by, hon!

I haven’t read a Grisham novel in years, but this does sound interesting.

39. Missy Frye says:

Been a while since I read anything by Grisham. Can’t fault his talent, but he doesn’t really appeal to me. Hope you enjoy reading his latest offering.

40. Sounds good. My sis and her hubby are huge John Grisham fans. Thanks for visiting My WOW

Have a great week.

41. I didn’t even realize he had a new book coming out! Thanks for the pick, I will definitely be adding this! Thanks for the feedback on my WoW

42. I haven’t read any John Grisham but this mystery sounds really good!
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

43. Diana says:

I didn’t know, he still wrote. But have read some of his work years back. Thanks for sharing and stopping by our blog! Also: happy waiting. Just a few more days. :)

Diana @ BookVenturers

44. Grisham has so many great books, this one fits right in. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WOW.

45. vmcarswell says:

This sounds pretty good! My mom has always been a huge John Grisham fan, though I haven’t read any of his books (I dunno why not). Great pick and thanks for stopping by!

Vyki @ On The Shelf
    Check out my new meme Cover Crush!

46. I’ve never read anything by Grisham, though I know he’s uber-popular. I love a good mystery/thriller so I may have to check this one out. Thanks for the recommendation and for stopping by.

47. This sounds gripping and fascinating. Awesome pick!

48. Anja says:

I must confess that, down to the present day, I never read a Grisham novel. Since this one sounds pretty interesting, I think I might change that :)
    Thanks for sharing and for stoppin by.

49. Erika says:

I have never read a John Grisham book though I’ve seen a few of the movies. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my pick this week!

50. Aseel Naji says:

Haven’t heard of this one, so thank you for sharing and visiting my blog

51. Funny story… I have yet to read a Grisham novel. I know, shame. I’ve wanted to for awhile however, is there a good one to start with?

52. While I am familiar with John Grisham, I haven’t read any of his books. This certainly sounds thrilling & exciting. Thanks for sharing & for visiting my WoW

Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

53. starryeyedjen29 says:

Not my usual read, but it definitely has an interesting premise. Thanks for stopping by!

54. Megan Nicole says:

I haven’t read any John Grisham yet. Though I want to! I hear so much about his books! This one will probably be my first read of his!

55. Love Grisham’s stuff although I haven’t read any in a while. I’ll have to check it out!

Jaime @ Two Chicks On Books

56. Briana says:

I’ve heard tons of great things about Grisham, I really need to read something from him soon. This one sounds pretty good!

57. Katja says:

Love Grisham as much as I do Crichton, which is a whole bunch. Glad there’s new JG’s being published, although I have to admit to not reading many non-YA books recently

58. I haven’t read anything by John Grisham, but I’m definitely going to change that soon. This one sounds absolutely amazing. Great pick!

Thanks for stopping by my post!

59. I haven’t read any of Grisham’s books, but I do enjoy the movies. He’s my dad’s favorite author. Thanks for sharing!

60. Every week you have great books to wait for!! I haven’t read anything by John Grisham as yet, but I want to! Thanx for sharing!

Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

61. Sam says:

Sounds like a good one! Thanks for sharing! :)

And thanks for stopping by my WoW!

62. Well…perhaps I need to check out a John Grisham book one of these days!
    Happy reading :)

63. Great pick! The little I’ve read by Grisham has been really good! Hope you enjoy this one. 😀

64. Great pick! Grisham books are always good. :)

65. It is always great when book you love come out. Happy reading and thanks for visiting my blog.

66. I actually haven’t read any John Grisham. Good pick though.

Thanks for stopping by my WOW.

Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

67. Anoeska says:

Sounds really good. Ashamed to say I haven’t read a Grisham novel yet. What would be the best one to start with? Thanks for stopping by at Boekenzee!

68. Michael says:

Sounds like a really good thriller of a book. Haven’t read much Grisham. I might have to check it out. =] Thanks for sharing and visiting My WoW
    Michael @ The Bookshelf Review

69. I’m not a huge fan of John Grisham just because he writes law and I’m in Law School so I don’t want to read more law then I have to lol This one does look pretty good though, I might just have to pick it up!

70. Carmen Brack says:

I remember reading The Pelican Brief a couple years back and liking it, but Grisham just doesn’t write the genre I currently enjoy reading… I’m happy the wait is so short for you though :)
    Thanks for stopping by my post!

71. Julie says:

Nice pick! I’ve been interested in this on as well.

Julie @ Novel Nexus Reviews

72. Anna says:

Grisham is always a solid pick, thanks for the heads up on his new book. So glad that you stopped by stopping by my WoW!

Anna @ Wandering Librarians

73. Alicia Coleman says:

I’ve never read any of John Grisham’s books, but the movies made from them are awesome. The Racketeer sounds like a great read. I think I may actually read this one. Thanks for sharing and visiting my WOW.

74. I have read a lot of John Grisham books and they are entertaining reads. I hadn’t heard of this one- but I look forward to reading it! Thanks for mentioning it. :)

75. Elle says:

Eeek! It sounds great! 😀

Thanks for stopping by my WoW!! :)

76. interesting plot! great post. and thanks for stopping by our wow

Katie @ Inkk

77. Wow, it’s been a long time since I read a John Grisham novel! This one does look really interesting :) Thanks so much for visiting our WoW!

78. I’m a huge Grisham fan and this sounds awesome! I want to know so much just from the summary: who killed the judge, why is the narrator in prision, and how does he know the truth? Great choice!

79. braine talk.supe says:

Been a long time since I read some JG I should check out his new books

80. I have yet to read a John Grisham book although we have a bunch of them at home. It’s my stepfather who’s into this kind of books.

Thanks for stopping by. ^_^

81. It’s sad but I’ll admit I’ve never read John Grisham, Although I’ve seen a number of his movie adaptations. And what doesn’t love a good murder mystery?

82. Emily @ Too Many Books says:

I had no idea that he has a new book coming out. Cool! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

83. I haven’t read a John Grisham book in a long time. I read a lot of his books when I was younger though and really enjoyed it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

84. I love murder mysteries! I haven’t heard of this one but it sounds great!

Thanks for stopping by my post!

~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

85. I’ve never read any of his books – ever! I know! I need to change that.

– Jessica @ Book Sake

86. hrose2931 says:

Grisham never fails to entertain me when I get a chance to read his books. It’s amazing how he can weave a tale! Great choice!

87. I haven’t read any John Grisham yet, this sounds an interesting tale. Enjoy when you get to read it:D

Michelle

novelsontherun

88. Vivalabooks says:

Murder mysteries!! Creepy cover!! I’m interested!
    Thanks for sharing and commenting on my blog! 😀

89. That sounds really good, I love a good mystery. This one sounds very very interesting! Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my WoW!

90. Great pick! I haven’t heard of this one yet but it sounds very interesting! I actually haven’t read anything by Grisham yet but I definitely need to pick up a book of his soon.
    Thanks for visiting my post!

91. Beczy says:

This sounds interesting. I’ve never read a John Grisham book before, but I think my dad might have. His name sounds familiar.

Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

92. K. Bo Baron says:

Awesome pick! I still haven’t read any of Grisham’s books, but when I do I know I will love them! He is just one of those writers you know will not dissapoint. THanks for sharing! I will add this book to my list, it might be a good introduction to Grisham. Thank you so much for stoping by by
    My WoW
    Happy reading!

93. katmunster says:

I have never read a John Grisham novel before! Thanks for stopping by my WOw! :)

94. Petra says:

It was a long time since I read anything by John Grisham, my favorite is A Time to Kill. Thanks for sharing, and thank you for stopping by at my WoW! :)

95. Sarika says:

Oh, this sounds like an interesting read! Thanks for stopping by our WoW earlier. :)

Sarika @ The Readdicts

96. John Grisham is pretty much an auto-buy, as long as he’s doing his law books. I LOVED The King of Torts and The Runaway Jury. His books are so freaking good. Great pick!

Jessie Marie @ The Daily Bookmark
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

97. John Grisham is brilliant! I read him a lot growing up (strangely enough lol) – and The Racketeer sounds like something I would really enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by my WoW featuring The Beautiful and the Cursed by Page Morgan!

98. Siiri says:

I must be the only person on the planet who has not read anything by John Grisham yet. I plan to, most deifintely do, but there are just so many books on my TBR pile that I just can’t pick every book out there. However, I hope you enjoy this once it’s released and luckily Oct 23rd isn’t that far away :)

Siiri @ Little Pieces of Imagination

99. Nope, Sliri is not the only person never to have read John Grisham. I haven’t either. I’m not sure if he’s my thing exactly. :/ I was recommended one, I think, so I might read that. A Painted House or something like that.

Anyway, hope you enjoy your pick!

100. Yea I’ve never read John Grisham either…. People say he’s great, he’s just never particularly caught my interest. Thanks for sharing and stopping by mine!

101. Lizzy says:

It’s been quite a long time since I read a JG novel (I think my freshman year in high school), so I definitely need to go pick up one or two. Great pick!

102. Tiffa says:

Oh wow, this looks awesome! May have to add it to my TBR list. ^.^
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and for joining it. :)

Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd

103. Nice pick. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by.

104. I saw this one in Goodreads this week! Love his books, so I’ll be picking this one up :) Great pick!

Thanks for stopping by!

105. speculatef says:

o0o John Grisham. I don’t think I’ve read many of his books. I hope you get this one soon!!

Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I’m waiting on!

106. rachelanette says:

Can you believe I’ve never picked up a book by John Grisham? I really should because he has to be popular for a reason. Nice that you don’t have too long to wait for this one. Great pick and thanks for stopping by The Readers Den. :)

107. This one sounds really interesting! I love the cover of this book. I can’t say that I’ve read any of John Grisham’s books, but I enjoyed The Firm movie a lot. Hope you enjoy this book! Thank you for stopping by my blog :).

108. Maria Behar says:

Well, I’m sorry I didin’t comment back right away, but I finally made it!
    I’ve never read any of Grisham’s books, but I might definitely start with this one! I’ve heard so much about him, I’ll just have to see for myself! Thanks for sharing!! : )

109. lovingrob says:

Seems like an interesting book 😀 Not sure if it would be for me, but it does sound good :) Hope you’ll enjoy it. <3
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina’s Books

110. Grisham is one of the best thrillerauthor out there!
    Waiting for this one a long long time :)

Greets from Seraph

111. I hadn’t seen this one before but I saw it now and I like it. It sounds interesting! I might add it on my to-read list but first I want some reviews.. Great pick, though. Thank you for visiting my last week’s WOW and I’m sorry it took me so long to visit back!

112. I’m sort of ashamed to admit that I have yet to read a John Grisham novel. I should rectify that soon. I don’t know why I haven’t either since they always appeal to me.
    Thanks so much for passing by my post and sorry for the late response!